The organizing team of Milan Model European Union 2018 is currently holding a call for expansion of our team in order to deliver a great first edition of the simulation in Milan.
If you’re interested in international youth projects, European law, European politics and want to join an organisation with numerous connections with similar projects in different countries, we may have a spot for you!
We are looking for motivated, inspired and enthusiastic students/young professionals based in Milan and outside, with excellent level of English, reliable, communicative, and willing to gain experience in project management and European affairs. Please note that previous MEU/MUN experience could be an asset, but is not a must: each accepted person will be trained in regards to MEU concept based on BETA’s MEU standards.
Are you ready for this challenge?
Then take a look at the positions’ description below and choose the one that you feel most confident about. While organizing such a simulation can be time and efforts-consuming, it is a rewarding experience that will make you a part of a fast-growing, trans-european network of promoters of the European Values, who foster dialogue and facilitate a better understanding of the decision-making in the European Union.
The workload will vary from position to position but you will be expected to set aside around 3-4 hours per week prior to the Simulation and be present throughout the simulation, which is planned for April – May 2018. The Event will last 3 days (+ 2 days for workshops).
- Certification for successful completion of the work;
- Experience as Officer in an international youth project
- Development of soft skills
- Gain international team work experience
- International contacts
Deadline for Applications: Tuesday, 5th of September, 23:59h
Please fill the form (link: https://goo.gl/forms/zzv2K6RYLUQ14XFn2 ) and send your CV (and motivation letter where required) to email@example.com
Description of the roles:
There are two Commissioner at MiMEU 2018 that will represent the European Commission throughout the event. Aim of the Commissioners is to present the original proposals (i.e. the two chosen legislative documents) to the Council and the Parliament as long as providing expertise and support to Ministers and MEPs throughout the event. In order to do so, comprehensive knowledge of the given topic is required. Commissioners will guide the participants through the legislative proposal, help them understand what it is about and help them formulate relevant amendements.
Commissioners will take part together with the DG, DDG and the Content Team in the selection of the two proposals discussed during the MEU Milan 2018.
Background and skills required:
– Background in Law and/or European Studies and/or Political Sciences
– Thorough knowledge of EU institutions and decision-making process
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent level of English, both written and spoken
– Previous MEU/MUN experience (preferred)
In order to apply we would kindly ask you to write a short motivation letter (about 250 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you would like to take up and be the best person for the chosen position (deadline: 5th September 2017).
There will be 5 people in the team: 1 Director and 4 Team members
They will be responsible for the Content of the project’s simulation, which means:
– Research of interesting legislative proposals for the event, which will then be presented to the rest of the Team and discussed with the DG, DDG and the Commissioner
– Creation of the Guides for the participants, which will include information about the nature of the simulation, reading materials for a proper understanding of the chosen legislative documents…)
– Act as a Legal Officer during the event
– Help in the organisation of pre-conference prepation (online material, workshops…)
– Regularly report to DG/DDG (submit reports, skype meetings, …)
Background and skills required:
– Law and/or European Studies and/or Political Sciences background (preferred)
– Previous MEU experience (preferred)
– Excellent knowledge of EU institutions and legislative process
– Excellent time management
– Excellent level of English
Head of Social Events
The Head of Socials is the person in charge of arranging the social events for the conference with the goal of fostering a fun, welcoming, connected and supportive community.
– Prepares a draft plan for a social program complementary to the simulation to present to the DG and DDG
– Contacts necessary parties and secures the venues
– Contacts and settles all the relevant details for the social events, which could include, but are not limited to: city tours / sightseeing, guided tours through institutions, evening programs (“bar nights”), cultural events and/or any other events he deems necessary
– Books the restaurants, bars or any other venues
– Confirm the Social Program and prepares a schedule of the simulation, a guide with directions, addresses, phone numbers etc. and a map for the participants
– Works in close cooperation with the Treasurer in order to determine the budget.
Background and skills
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Possess strong organisation, time-management and budgeting skills
Head of PR and Social Media
– Selection of a team of PR in collaboration with DG and DDG.
– Development of a Public Relations strategy so as to ensure an effective promotion of MiMEU project towards possible partners, donors, and prospective applicants
– Coordination of the PR team (tasks assignment, workflow management, hold Skype meetings…)
– Make sure that the event is spread through all relevant channels
– Oversee and update social media channels of MiMEU
– Interact with the DG/DDG (submit monthly reports, attend Skype meetings etc.).
Background and Skills
– Experience in PR (preferred)
– Experience in marketing/advertising (preferred)
– Communications/Public Relations/Marketing background
– Team management experience
– Excellent organisational and time management skills
– Excellent level of English
Our Best Regards,
Valeria Peruzzi, Director General (DG) of MiMEU
Nadia Paleari, Deputy Director General (DDG) of MiMEU